500 Internal Server Error

Hi, finally an open source crm I am excited about but I can’t even install it.
I have tried everything including the suggestions in the forum to resolve this issue but I am still getting the Internal Server Error

here is the result of ls -la for suitecrm directory:
drwxr-xr-x 20 user1 apache 4096 suitecrm

I have a dedicated host with CENTOS 5.10 i686 kvm
Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix)
Server built: Feb 6 2012 17:21:29
Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.8.5 rev9999

I have access to both root and user1

here are the steps I performed:

1. uploaded the zip file
  2. logged in to shell with user1 and unzipped it into public_html/suitecrm directory
  3. logged in as root and executed: chgrp apache suitecrm -R
  4. made the suitecrm my current directory (cd suitecrm)
  5. executed the following commands as root and tested after each command but got the same error
    5.1 chown -R apache:apache .
    5.2 chown -R apache .
    5.3 chown -R user1 .
  6. executed as root: chmod -R 755 .
  7. executed as root: chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

after I did steps 6 & 7, I went back and tried every variation of step 5 but got the same error in all cases

can you please point me in the right direction? thank you.

should be correct

if you can find your apache error log , please post what errors you’re getting?

thanks for your quick replay. these are the error is apache error_log

(13)Permission denied: /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

SoftException in Application.cpp:422: Mismatch between target UID (514) and UID (48) of file “/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/install.php”

I checked both the zip file and unzip files and there is no .htaccess in either of them

ok just add an empty file called .htaccess to the root suitecrm folder, set permission on it and give it a go

I tried that, didn’t work.

ok, what does your error log say now?

the first error disappeared. the only error is the first one:

SoftException in Application.cpp:422: Mismatch between target UID (514) and UID (48) of file “/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/install.php”

can you try running:

and

and see what results they give?

user1:x:514:512::/home/user1:/bin/bash
apache:x:48:48:Apache:/var/www:/sbin/nologin

I change the group and owner back to user1 and I got the installation page with tons of errors:

Strict Standards: Declaration of SugarEmailAddress::save() should be compatible with SugarBean::save($check_notify = false) in/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/SugarEmailAddress/SugarEmailAddress.php on line 1113

Strict Standards: Declaration of Person::create_export_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where) in/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/SugarObjects/templates/person/Person.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::retrieve() should be compatible with Person::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true) in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::create_export_query() should be compatible with Person::create_export_query(&$order_by, &$where, $relate_link_join = ‘’) in/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::create_new_list_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_new_list_query($order_by, $where, $filter = Array, $params = Array, $show_deleted = 0, $join_type = ‘’, $return_array = false, $parentbean = NULL, $singleSelect = false, $ifListForExport = false) in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of User::list_view_parse_additional_sections() should be compatible with SugarBean::list_view_parse_additional_sections(&$list_form) in/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/Users/User.php on line 44

Strict Standards: Declaration of Currency::retrieve() should be compatible with SugarBean::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true) in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/Currencies/Currency.phpon line 239

Strict Standards: Non-static method UploadStream::register() should not be called statically in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/entryPoint.php on line 184

Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in/home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/SugarLogger/LoggerManager.php on line 76

Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarConfig::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/SugarLogger/SugarLogger.phpon line 121

Help

Welcome to the SuiteCRM 7.1.2 Setup Wizard

Choose your language:

Strict Standards: Non-static method LogicHook::initialize() should not be called statically in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/include/utils.php on line 3017

great!

change error_reporting in php.ini to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

and restart apache

thanks that worked.
after installation is complete I got the following:

Creating SuiteCRM configuration file (config.php)

Creating SuiteCRM application tables, audit tables and relationship metadata

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/AOR_Reports/AOR_Report.php on line 85

Creating default SuiteCRM data

Creating default users...   done
 Creating default scheduler jobs...   done

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user1/public_html/suitecrm/modules/AOR_Reports/AOR_Report.php on line 85

The setup of SuiteCRM 7.1.2 is now complete!
Total time: 24.907207965851 seconds.
Approximate memory used: 28084028 bytes.

is that something to be concerned about?